SUMMARY: Instructor will be responsible for the education, supervision and safety of a group of students. Will instruct students and facilitate their learning in accordance with corporation policies and state guidelines. Guide students in educational activities designed to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth. Teach the essential skills that will contribute to students’ development as educated and responsible adults. This position will serve after-school programs in Aliquippa and Ambridge. Wages are commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers STEM-oriented instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) through Project-Based Learning methods.
- Teaches corporation-approved curriculum while creating a classroom and total school environment that is conducive to learning and is appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and develops and informs students of reasonable rules concerning classroom procedures and behavior and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward academic achievement and curriculum goals.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, curricular units, and projects and communicates these objectives to the students.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students in a variety of ways on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be in the process of completing or have completed a Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area, or have other commensurate experience. Previous experience working with middle and high school youth of diverse populations is necessary. Ability to pass criminal background check, Pennsylvania child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance is required. Must have the ability to conduct organized activities, to teach and supervise content related and project-based activities. Must have the energy, motivation, and the skills needed to work with children in and out of doors, willingness to accept guidance and supervision, and a sense of patience and self-control. Previous camp or after-school experience is a plus. Other relevant skills include CPR/First Aid Certification, Tutoring or Coaching.