1217 Seventh Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Phone: (724) 846-6400
Fax: (724) 846-6406
The Outreach & Referral and Homeless Assistance Program is one of the vital ways The Franklin Center assists with the immediate crisis of homelessness. We offer those eligible rent and utility assistance, as well as referral resources and guidance to anyone who calls, in order to assure that emergency basic needs are being met.
At The Franklin Center’s Outreach & Referral and Homeless Assistance Program offices, clients who find themselves homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, will find guidance and resources they need to find safe basic shelter or related emergency services.
If you have any questions, would like more information, or would like to use these services; please call, fax or email the Beaver Falls location above.
These are just a few services offered in the program:
- A comprehensive, centralized information file of health, welfare, and human service agencies in Beaver County and the tri-state.
- Goes to work right away for those finding themselves homeless or at risk of being homeless. Qualifying persons receive direct assistance or referrals for shelter or counseling.
- The program lends items like hospital beds, wheelchairs, potty chairs, walkers, crutches, canes, etc. to low income clients as long as needed, at no cost.
- Available at no cost to income eligible clients
- Provides gifts of new toys and clothing to children of low income or no income/unemployed families of Beaver County who are unable to purchase their children gifts at Christmastime.
Who is Eligible?
The Franklin Center of Beaver County’s Outreach & Referral and Homeless Assistance Program supports are available to anyone in Beaver County regardless of race, creed, sex or national origin in situations such as the following:
- A person or family who has found themselves in a homeless situation (at risk of becoming homeless or for whom homelessness is about to become a reality)
- A person or family who has low or no income (who meets the Federal Income Guideline for poverty)
Staff services are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Telephone support is available around the clock. Proof of income is required for cash assistance. Upon determination of eligibility, there is no fee for any service or cash assistance.